ALDERSGATE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
POSITION TITLE: Office Manager
DATE: September 1, 2022
SUPERVISED BY: Church Administrator
JOB PURPOSE: Manage all aspects of Office Operations and Church-Wide Communications. Assist the minister(s) by completing assigned and other-directed administrative duties, always ensuring a high-level of confidentiality in all matters.
Key responsibilities are:
- Create, print, and fold a weekly church newsletter. Prepare mailout using bulk mail protocols; maintain mailing information and serve as the postal processing contact for these efforts. Coordinates with volunteers to complete these efforts.
- Create and prepare (or coordinate preparation) of weekly worship bulletins and worship service materials. Maintain supply of bulletin shells and connect cards.
- Provide administrative support to the pastoral staff and ministries of the church.
- Maintain and update church website as needed with on-going information and current events.
- Develop publicity items such as brochures, flyers and multi-media images and presentations. Communicate as appropriate.
- Create, organize, maintain brochures in welcome centers as needed.
- Provide general church office presence including answering phones and greeting visitors as needed
- Maintain church database on all members and visitors.
- Serve as Membership Secretary for the church.
- Keep the church calendar up-to-date.
- Prepare weekly prayer sheets.
- Work with senior minister(s) to ensure proper and effective handling of Charge Conference reports and Annual Reports.
- Maintain appropriate supplies to support church and office activities. Create nametags when needed.
- Strong computer skills
- Above-average proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn and use an existing church management system and other programs as needed
- Proven communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Desire to serve on a church staff, often completing tasks outside of job description when needed
- Minimum: college-level courses associated with becoming an executive or administrative assistant, and two years’ experience in an office environment as an administrative or executive assistant.
- Desired: Associate or bachelor’s degree, or certification of training as an executive or administrative assistant, and at least five years’ experience in an office environment as an administrative or executive assistant.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: One workshop or seminar a year is suggested. The session should be related to elevating the efficiency of an administrative office.
TO RESPOND: Please respond to the Church Administrator with your resume and any previous experience of work in a Church environment.
Send all replies to: [email protected]
Aldersgate United Methodist Church
6610 Vaughn Rd.
Montgomery, AL 36116
The candidate we seek should be highly motivated and have a passion for working in an Early Childhood Ministry environment. The substitute salary starts at $8.50 and increases based on previous experience and education. Many of our substitutes work up to 40 hours a week.
DHR is currently offering a quarterly bonus for substitutes that work at least 16 hours a week for up to two years. For more details about this grant, please visit https://alabamapartnershipforchildren.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/APC-CCWS-Grant-Application-1422.pdf
- 1. Have a high school diploma or GED
- 2. Must be at least 18 years of age
- 3. Must have a religious foundation
- 1. At least one year of childcare experience.
- 2. Completion of education classes.
- 3. Associate degree in a child related field.
- 4. A Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
- If selected for a position, the candidate must complete and pass the following:
- 1. A fingerprint/background check from the Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR).
- 2. A Child Abuse/Neglect (CA/N) Central Registry Clearance
- 3. A medical physical and TB Test