Aldersgate UMC is working with local organizations
to provide resources/relief efforts to those affected by the devastation of Hurricane Harvey.
Ways you can be involved:
- Pray for the first responders, those whose homes and lives have been devastated by the storm, the congregations who seek to minister to those around them
- Contribute Funds that can be used to purchase needed items directly and locally. Checks should be made out to Aldersgate UMC with Operation Relief in the memo line
- Contribute items for assembly of Cleaning Kits and Hygiene Kits
Funds may be directly contributed to relief efforts by visiting www.aldersgateumc.org and choosing "giving" option at the bottom of the page. Or you may click here for a direct link. Under "Donations" choose "Operation Relief."
How to donate items.
Items for donation for the assembly of Cleaning Kits and Hygiene Kits may be brought to Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 6610 Vaughn Road, Montgomery. For more information you may contact the church office at 334.272.6152 or email Rev. Richard Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cleaning Kit Materials:
- 5 gallon bucket with resealable lid (clean, do not use buckets that have stored chemicals/paint)
- Liquid laundry detergent (25oz or 50 oz only)
- Liquid household cleaner (no spray cleaners, 12-16 oz cleaned that can be mixed with water)
- Dish soap (16-28 oz bottle)
- Can of air freshener
- Insect repellent spray (6-14 oz. with cover)
- Scrub brush
- Cleaning wipes (handi wipes or reuseable wipes, no terry cleaning towels)
- Sponges (no cellulose sponges)
- Scouring pads (no stainless steel, Brillo pads, or SOS pads, nothing with soap built in)
- Clotheslines (50 ft or 100 ft, cotton or plastic)
- Heavy-duty trash bags
- Dust Mask
- Kitchen dishwashing gloves
- Work gloves
- Hand Towel (no kitchen, cleaning or microfiber towels please)
- Comb (study, longer than 6 inches)
- Metal nail file or Nail clippers
- Bath-size soap
- Adhesive bandages
- Gallon size plastic bag
- $1.00 to purchase toothpaste