Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Montgomery is looking for a part-time bookkeeper. This is an hourly position with flexible hours/work days up to 32 hours per week. The church is looking for someone possessing excellent bookkeeping skills. The purpose of this position is to administer church expenditures, payrolls, payables, file tax reports, withholdings, and originate monthly financial report as requested by church committees.
1. Processing and submitting payroll financial documents
2. Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures
3. Paying all incoming invoices in a timely manner
4. Entering weekly contributions to designated funds
5. Entering invoices submitted for payment into financial system
6. Preparing payables for mailing
7. Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
8. Preparing monthly, quarterly, and yearly payroll tax forms and make necessary deposits; preparing W-2s at year-end
9. Proven ability in E-filing required documents with the IRS
10. Preparing for annual financial audits
11. Participation in Aldersgate Leadership Council and other Team meetings
1. Proven bookkeeping experience
2. Proficiency with computer hardware and software currently in use; MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Peachtree Accounting, QuickBooks, and other management software (ProCare would be a plus)
3. Must possess strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently without supervision
4. Proficiency in the use of standard office tools (typewriter, computer, copy machine, postage meter, etc.)
5. Cordial and professional conduct and excellent interpersonal skills
6. A commitment to confidentiality of personal information of the congregation and staff
Please forward your resume and/or contact to:
Bill Haigler, Church Administrator Aldersgate United Methodist Church 6610 Vaughn Road, Montgomery, AL 36116 Office Number: 334-272-6152 Email Address: email@example.com
Weekday Children's Ministry (WCM) Job Announcement
WEEKDAY CHILDREN'S MINISTRY
Aldersgate United Methodist Church is seeking individuals to fill the positions of full-time, part-time and substitute teachers for its Weekday Children’s Ministry Preschool program. The part-time and substitute positions have possibilities of leading to a full-time position. With a focus on Discipleship, Leadership and Faith Formation the candidates we seek are creative, highly motivated, and have a passion for Early Childhood Ministry. Candidates must have a strong religious foundation, a background in childcare, education classes, and/or a bachelor’s degree in education and be at least 19 years of age. Aldersgate United Methodist Church is a dynamic, energetic and growing church dedicated to Knowing Jesus and Making Him Known. The church campus is located at 6610 Vaughn Road, Montgomery, Alabama 36117.
Applicants should submit a resume with three references listed and a one page letter of interest addressing the following (1) experience with early childhood development; (2) gifts/skills for ministry; (3) a heart for nurturing children and families in the love of Christ. Applicants should email their resume to Lana Ward, Co-Director of Aldersgate Weekday Children’s Ministry or bring it by our office.