DATE: July 9, 2018
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Assistant
JOB PURPOSE: To be the first contact for visitors entering or calling the church and to support lay leadership and primary staff providing office support as directed
Key responsibilities are:
- Answer telephone and greet visitors to the church
- Create scripture sheets and other bulletin inserts then insert into bulletins
- Create SS Announcement Sheet/email to SS Presidents and place in SS Books
- Keep worship attendance records
- Email reminders to scripture and offertory prayer readers
- Creates, prints, and folds a weekly church newsletter
- Verify members hospital stay and provide information to clerical staff
- Provide administrative and clerical support for Aldersgate staff
- Maintain all sign-ups; Wednesday night dinner reservations and sign-up sheets and insert Wednesday night dinner sheets into attendance pads
- Create and distribute direct mail items for special events such as post cards and newsletter mail outs
- Assist congregation members with basic support needs
- Attend monthly meeting to enhance communication with staff
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent typing and computer skills
- Proven communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- High school diploma and secretarial experience as determined by the personnel committee
WEEKDAY CHILDREN'S MINISTRY
Kitchen Staff Position
Aldersgate United Methodist Church is seeking individuals to fill a kitchen staff position at the Weekday Children’s Ministry Preschool program.
This is a full-time position with a 35 hour work week. After a ninety day probationary period, the individual selected would earn paid vacation leave and sick leave. We also offer at least fourteen paid holidays a year.
The candidate we seek should be highly motivated and have a passion for working in an Early Childhood Ministry environment. Candidates must have a strong religious foundation, a background working in the food industry, and be able to lift up to 50lbs. Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED and must be at least 19 years of age. ServSafe certification is preferred.
Applicants should submit a resume with three references listed and a one page letter of interest. If applicants are selected for an interview, they will also have to fill out a WCM job application. If selected for the position, there will be a background check conducted through the Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR).
Applicants should email their resume to Lana Ward, Co-Director of Aldersgate Weekday Children’s Ministry (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring it by our preschool office, which is located at the back of the church. The church campus is located at 6610 Vaughn Road, Montgomery, Alabama 36117.
Substitute Teacher Positions
Aldersgate United Methodist Church is seeking individuals to fill the positions of full-time, part-time and substitute teachers for its Weekday Children’s Ministry Preschool program. The part-time and substitute positions have possibilities of leading to a full-time position. With a focus on Discipleship, Leadership and Faith Formation the candidates we seek are creative, highly motivated, and have a passion for Early Childhood Ministry. Candidates must have a strong religious foundation, a background in childcare, education classes, and/or a bachelor’s degree in education and be at least 19 years of age. Aldersgate United Methodist Church is a dynamic, energetic and growing church dedicated to Knowing Jesus and Making Him Known. The church campus is located at 6610 Vaughn Road, Montgomery, Alabama 36117.
Applicants should submit a resume with three references listed and a one page letter of interest addressing the following (1) experience with early childhood development; (2) gifts/skills for ministry; (3) a heart for nurturing children and families in the love of Christ. Applicants should email their resume to Lana Ward, Co-Director of Aldersgate Weekday Children’s Ministry or bring it by our office.